With the introduction of Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 in the world of Office Suites, it became easier for users to create rich and dynamic presentations of high quality. Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 also helped users to save time and made their job much easier. Keeping in mind the security issues, Microsoft now has come up with a security update for Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007. Often users face such security problems where an arbitrary code is allowed to run when any harmful presentations are opened. The main motive of this security update is to resolve such security vulnerability. This particular update is only applicable to Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007.The operating system supported by Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 Security Update are: Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, Windows Vista and Windows XP Service Pack 2. For proper installation of this security update, all you need to have is Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 pre-installed in your computer and Windows Installer 3.1 or greater. The update will get installed properly, if any one of the following is true;
1) The 2007 Microsoft Office suite Service Pack 1 (SP1) is currently installed.
2) The 2007 Microsoft Office suite Service Pack 1 (SP1) is not currently installed.
If you already have Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 pre-installed in your computer, then it is always recommended to use ‘Microsoft Update’ instead of ‘Office Update’ from the Office Online Web site. This is because Microsoft Update has a great feature of blending all the updates provided by Windows Update and Office Update into one location and helps us to choose the installation and automatic delivery of updates that are of high priority. On the other hand, Office Update detects Office automatically and asks you to install all the updates and service packs that update the Office programs.
Steps to install Security Update for Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007:
1) The first step of the installation process is to download the .exe file from the Download option and then save it to your hard disk drive. The most important thing that should be kept in mind is that you must have access to the original product CD-ROM during the download process of the .exe file. This is because, the installation source is required during patch installation, provided the product is updated previously.
2) It is always recommended to quit all the programs that are running during the installation process.
3) Double-click the .exe file that is saved in your hard disk drive using Windows Explorer and follow the on-screen instructions accordingly.